Noob updating & compiling

xonn

Noob updating & compiling

Post by xonn » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm

Hello everyone.
To summarize my message, I don't have much experience with devkitARM and libnds libs and I'm updating source code of project NeoDS in order to insert two new lines to swap screens.
My problem is that, after change old registers for new ones, and update code related to functions that have changed over the years, currently I have achieved to complete "compiling" process (with some warnings) but when linking step starts, the program launches following message: '.bss' is not within region 'ewram'
Anybody can give me some advice in order to understand where should I touch? I'm a bit lost and currently I can't find much info related to this error.
I have attached to this message all output generated, in case it can be helpful.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Attachments
NeoDS-make-output.txt
(29.58 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Noob updating & compiling

Post by WinterMute » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:35 am

Unfortunately your error message means the binary has exceeded the space allowed and you'll have to trim it down a bit.

Using nm will help find the biggest symbols

Code: Select all

arm-none-eabi-nm <your.elf> -r --size-sort
Assuming you mean https://github.com/Yardape8000/NeoDS I've had a quick skim but I don't see anything immediately obvious. With emulators it's often a large static buffer somewhere that should really be malloc'd at runtime. If you can put your changes on github somewhere it might be easier for someone to help.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog