libnds compiling problem

bench-kun

libnds compiling problem

Post by bench-kun » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:02 pm

whenever i try to compile libnds, this error shows up
notice i used powershell for this, but the error persists using msys2 too.
i downloaded the rule files and placed them in the specified missing directory (that i also made), but still nothing. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the problem is with apparently a missing key on the installer

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: libnds compiling problem

Post by WinterMute » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:05 pm

• You probably don't need to compile libnds. The latest version is available via pacman.
  • You definitely shouldn't be compiling libnds there. We recommend not modifying the devkitPro folder at all.
  • The key thing is an msys2 issue with insttructions to resolve at https://github.com/msys2/msys2.github.i ... -packagers . This isn't related to your other issue at all.
  • We've seen many odd issues with Powershell and don't recommend using it in combination with the tools.
What windows version is this and is it a new install?
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

bench-kun

Post by bench-kun » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:29 am

I'm using windows 10, but that doesn't matter anymore, i think that i downloaded from the sourceforge link which was probably outdated. Apologies for making this thread before i made extra extra sure.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:41 pm

There have been no files hosted on Sourceforge in a couple of years, there's only a link to say we moved.

Your actual issue was that the windows installer wasn't installing anything other than msys and it's all fixed now?

Personal Blog

bench-kun

Post by bench-kun » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 am

It was more of an outdated version problem, i've had both the sourceforge and github pages open so i got confused there. But yeah that pretty much was it.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 am

I'm still not really sure what you're saying here.

There was an issue with msys recently that caused the installer to only install msys & not the rest of the tools. I can only assume that was what your issue was. The last windows installer was built and released in 2018. Previous installers automatically update to that one before installing.

Personal Blog