Need Help to install devkitPSP on Mac OS X 10.6

support for the PSP toolchain
LeoI

Need Help to install devkitPSP on Mac OS X 10.6

Post by LeoI » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Hello, I'm a mac user and I tried to install devkitPSP throught buildscripts(the only way I found), but I can't compile gcc due to GMP or MPFR problems.
I tried many version of that program:
GMP 4.1 compile failed
GMP 4.1.4 compiled and installed, but did't work
GMP 4.3.2 compiled and installed, but didn't work
GMP 5 compiled and installed, but didn' work

MPFR 2.4.2 compiled and installed, but didn't work (recompiled each time I reinstalled GMP)
MPFR 2.3.0 still trying...

Please help: I'm using a MacBook Pro with native OS X 10.6.3
Thanks.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Need Help to install devkitPSP on Mac OS X 10.6

Post by WinterMute » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 am

Sorry, I haven't tried this in a while due to what seems like a major lack of interest in devkitPSP. I'll have a look and get back to you although I haven't upgraded to 10.6 yet.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

LeoI

Post by LeoI » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:12 pm

I tried to compile a project which inclides gmp.h and Xcode can't find it. What do I have to do? I think that
./configure
make
sudo make install
was enought...

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Ok, I checked the build process for devkitPSP and it's working fine here so I updated the gcc version and released some binaries including an OSX universal build which should hopefully work for you. See http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitp ... devkitPSP/

Xcode may not look in /usr/local/include for headers by default - that's where the default install for gmp goes.

I'm currently using gmp version 4.3.2 & mpfr version 2.4.2

As for building devkitPSP yourself, obviously you'll need gmp & mpfr built and installed before running the buildscripts. I build these as ppc/x86 universal libraries for 10.4 rather than straight native libs, you don't need to do that for your own use - it's simply for the benefit of OSX users still on ppc and/or 10.4. These instructions configure and install native versions of the libraries so you'll need to edit buildscripts/dkpsp/scripts/build-gcc.sh and get rid of the universal options at the top of that file - I'm pretty sure that the scripts will fail on 10.6 since the compiler is set up to build 64bit binaries by default. Just delete this block of code

Code: Select all

case $PLATFORM in
  Darwin )	
    cflags="-O -g -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 -arch ppc"
	ldflags="-arch i386 -arch ppc"
    ;;
  MINGW32* )
    cflags="-D__USE_MINGW_ACCESS"
    ;;
esac
For gmp I downloaded their source tarball from http://gmplib.org/#DOWNLOAD, extracted it and used configure .

./configure --build=none-apple-darwin --disable-shared --enable-static
Adjusting the build manually is necessary to avoid some problems with assembly files in gmp, this information came from http://gmplib.org/macos.html. Note: I used --build here and not --host, the latter is used for cross compiling which isn't necessary and emits a scary warning. Once that's done a simple make && sudo make install does the rest. It's worth running make check to ensure all the tests are passed at this point.

For mpfr it's the same procedure without the manual build system tweaking. http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-current/#download for download, extract and configure

./configure --disable-shared --enable-static
make && sudo make install
again, it's worth running make check here too.

Once the dependencies are installed then the buildscripts should just do their thing & pop out a nice shiny devkitPSP at the other end.

Personal Blog

LeoI

Post by LeoI » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 pm

gmp.h and mpfr.h are now succesfully found, but I had another error:

ld: duplicate symbol _insert_decl_map in libbackend.a(tree-inline.o) and tree-inline.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gnumake[1]: *** [cc1plus-dummy] Error 1
gnumake: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
Error building gcc

I think I'll have to install devkitPSP manually
PS:those chenges at "build-gcc.sh" are valid also to compile devkitARM and devkitPPC?

LeoI

Post by LeoI » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:32 am

I wonder if the patches applied on newlib, gcc, binutils, ... can be found elsewhere (not in this/sourceforge site).

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Is there some particular reason why the binaries aren't suitable for you? http://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started/devkitPPC

Attempting to help other people compile the tools always ends up being a giant pain - either it works fairly easily or there are umpteen weird configurations to deal with. It also drives me insane when people with these problems write tutorials that cause problems for people who could compile the tools easily.

Personal Blog