gcube emulator missing?

josergc

gcube emulator missing?

Post by josergc » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 am

Hello!

I got the devkitPPC installed using dkp-pacman -S gamecube-dev command but it can't find the gcube emulator. I copied the gamecube template from the devkitpro installation, make command works fine but fails when it attempts to run the emulator:

dev@dev:~$ cd gamecube-template/
dev@dev:~/gamecube-template$ make
template.c
linking ... gamecube-template.elf
output ... gamecube-template.dol
dev@dev:~/gamecube-template$ make run
/opt/devkitpro/emulators/gcube/gcube /home/dev/gamecube-template/gamecube-template.dol
make: /opt/devkitpro/emulators/gcube/gcube: Command not found
make: *** [Makefile:109: run] Error 127

Can you help with this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

nebiun

Re: gcube emulator missing?

Post by nebiun » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm

I think that the answer for your question is here https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gcube

nebiun

Post by nebiun » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:23 pm

nebiun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm I think that the answer for your question is here https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gcube
All links are dead :D
I think you must use Dolphin emulator

josergc

Post by josergc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:58 am

nebiun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:23 pm
nebiun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm I think that the answer for your question is here https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gcube
All links are dead :D
I think you must use Dolphin emulator
Too bad! the dolphin-emu in Ubuntu 18.10 looks broken, I can't make it run neither in OpenGL mode, neither in software mode, and when I try to compile it from the github repo, it is asking me for dependencies. I need to dig where I can find the right dependencies or try any precompiled binary :roll:

josergc

Post by josergc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:06 am

The only link that seems works yet is http://devkitpro.cvs.sourceforge.net/de ... ors/gcube/. I'm going to check if the source code can be downloaded from there.

Any idea if it was exported to github, to bitbucket or to somwhere else? in that wiibrew page it is mentioned that gcube emu needs completion, what was missing yet?

nebiun

Post by nebiun » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:10 pm

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:06 am

You're wasting your time. Gcube just about worked well enough to run some old framebuffer based homebrew from the early days of gamecube homebrew, it won't run modern homebrew without some serious work. It still being in the template Makefile is an oversight, sorry.

Dolphin works fine, I use it regularly for testing. I suggest asking the Dolphin team about your problems. They may be able to help.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

josergc

Post by josergc » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 am

WinterMute wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:06 am You're wasting your time. Gcube just about worked well enough to run some old framebuffer based homebrew from the early days of gamecube homebrew, it won't run modern homebrew without some serious work. It still being in the template Makefile is an oversight, sorry.

Dolphin works fine, I use it regularly for testing. I suggest asking the Dolphin team about your problems. They may be able to help.
I see, I see! Thanks for the advise!

Do you think it would be possible in the next version of devkitPro to attempt to execute dolphin-emu command instead of the gcube command to avoid misunderstandings? :roll:

Thank you in advance! :D

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:22 pm

josergc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 am
Do you think it would be possible in the next version of devkitPro to attempt to execute dolphin-emu command instead of the gcube command to avoid misunderstandings? :roll:
devkitPro is an organisation. devkitPro does not have versions. We produce and maintain a whole bunch of tools & libraries for console homebrew development.

I've removed the run target from the gamecube examples for now. Running Dolphin this way isn't that straightforward for a whole bunch of reasons and I have something else in the pipeline.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

josergc

Post by josergc » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:42 pm

WinterMute wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:22 pm
josergc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 am
devkitPro is an organisation. devkitPro does not have versions. We produce and maintain a whole bunch of tools & libraries for console homebrew development.

I've removed the run target from the gamecube examples for now. Running Dolphin this way isn't that straightforward for a whole bunch of reasons and I have something else in the pipeline.
Apologies about the misunderstanding on the versioning!

Thank you very much for the clarifications! :D