ld cannot find [-lfreetype, -lbz2, -lpng, -ljpeg, -lz]: : No such file or directory

_redfire

ld cannot find [-lfreetype, -lbz2, -lpng, -ljpeg, -lz]: : No such file or directory

Post by _redfire » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:21 am

Hi. I'm currently trying to use images and fonts to develop something for the Wii. I did the "make" command and I get this instead of finishing off the compiling process:

linking ... be_gui.elf
C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libgrrlib.a(GRRLIB_core.o):C:/GRRLIB/GRRLIB/grrlib.h:176: multiple definition of `rmode'; BE.o:C:/projects/nintendo/wii/be_gui/source/BE.c:14: first defined here
C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libgrrlib.a(GRRLIB_core.o):C:/GRRLIB/GRRLIB/grrlib.h:177: multiple definition of `xfb'; BE.o:C:/projects/nintendo/wii/be_gui/source/BE.c:15: first defined here
C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lfreetype: No such file or directory
C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lbz2: No such file or directory
C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpng: No such file or directory
C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ljpeg: No such file or directory
C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lz: No such file or directory
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/wii_rules:31: /c/projects/nintendo/wii/be_gui/be_gui.elf] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:105: build] Error 2

Some questions you might start asking that I might know and that I can answer are:
1. Did you install the required libraries? Well yes, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the libraries, but that doesn't count.
2. What library for the Wii are you really trying to use? Obviously, it's GRRLIB. A library for 2D, 3D graphics, and UIs/GUIs.

Now its my turn to ask y'all a question. Why I'm getting this compile error and is there a solution to this?

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: ld cannot find [-lfreetype, -lbz2, -lpng, -ljpeg, -lz]: : No such file or directory

Post by WinterMute » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:30 pm

I'm sorry. We don't support GRRLIB here.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog