Need some help

ESC

Need some help

Post by ESC » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:26 am

Hey all new to all this i have setup devkitA64 but i don't think i have the variables set right. https://ibb.co/FgRbRmB but also i get an error while building this source https://github.com/Doonut/fpsCounterSwitch i get the error

c:/devkitpro/devkita64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/9.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld.exe: main.o: in function main':
C:/Users/USER/Desktop/fpsCounterSwitch-master/source/main.c:8: undefined reference to gfxInitDefault'
c:/devkitpro/devkita64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/9.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:/Users/USER/Desktop/fpsCounterSwitch-master/source/main.c:34: undefined reference to gfxFlushBuffers'
c:/devkitpro/devkita64/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-none-elf/9.2.0/../../../../aarch64-none-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:/Users/USER/Desktop/fpsCounterSwitch-master/source/main.c:39: undefined reference to gfxExit'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: [C:\devkitPro/libnx/switch_rules:80: /home/USER/Desktop/fpsCounterSwitch-master/fpsCounterSwitch-master.elf] Error 1
make: [Makefile:143: build] Error 2

thank you for patience im also learning C then moving onto C++ or is that not the right way? im open to help and any suggestions please thank you.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Need some help

Post by WinterMute » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Your environment variables should have been set by the installer as follows :-

Code: Select all

DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro
DEVKITARM=/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM
DEVKITPPC=/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC
You should not have DEVKITA64 in your environment at all.

The project you're trying to build is from two years ago and unfortunately, in a world where we're reverse engineering a console and building libraries as we go, code that old is unlikely to build.

We distribute example code which you should find installed in /opt/devkitpro/examples/switch (this is C:\devkitPro\examples\switch from windows file explorer). When you use these examples please copy them elsewhere and don't modify them in place. The installer may overwrite or even remove examples when you update.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

ThatBenderGuy

Post by ThatBenderGuy » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:10 am

WinterMute wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:57 pm You should not have DEVKITA64 in your environment at all.
Is it just meant for includes? I don't have DEVKITA64 in my includes but I notice it still gets referenced during the linking process.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:26 pm

ThatBenderGuy wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:10 am
WinterMute wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:57 pm You should not have DEVKITA64 in your environment at all.
Is it just meant for includes? I don't have DEVKITA64 in my includes but I notice it still gets referenced during the linking process.
I'm really not sure what you mean here. Could you provide the link command you're seeing?
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog