[Switch] eduke32 - Duke Nukem
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:30 pm
Here is a Duke Nukem 3D engine (eduke32) for the Nintendo Switch.
I do have put some time in it to make it as good as possible, i think i did succeed, i hope you'll enjoy
- copy "eduke32" folder into "/switch" folder (overwriting config files if asked)
- copy "DUKE3D.GRP" and "DUKE.RTS" to "/switch/eduke32" folder
- All renders are implemented (including polymer/polymost opengl renders !)
- For a best experience, i do recommend to play the game with the "polymost" opengl render at 720p without the "Duke Nukem 3D: High Resolution Pack" but with the "Duke3D HRP Music Packs"!
- A switch only setting is now available in the "eduke32.cfg" file: "Overclock". Setting this to "1" will unlock cpu/gpu frequency on handheld mode.
- The "Duke Nukem 3D: High Resolution Pack" is now working with the opengl "polymost" render
- You may unzip it directly to "eduke32" folder for faster access to resources
- You must disable "dynamic lightning" to get 60 fps
- When texture caching is enable, first map loading time will be high to generate the cache
- Texture caching will also append during gameplay, creating major slowdowns on the first play
- Create an "autoload" folder in the eduke32 directory
- Download an "Duke3D HRP Music Packs" (or any other pack) from HRP website
- Copy the zipped pack to the newly created "autoload" folder
- An official Ion Fury port is soon to be available for the Nintendo Switch! You MUST wait for it!
- devkitPro and libnx people: yellows8, plutoo, profi200, WntrMute ....
- eduke32 team
- ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)