Help with example projects keyboard and both screens ?

support for the ARM toolchain
mox

Help with example projects keyboard and both screens ?

Post by mox » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Hiya,

I'm trying to (re)ask this here, I'm not sure if it's the right place, it's a follow on inquiry from one in another topic.

I have been able to use to one of the keyboard sample projects on it's own ok now. (part of original problem)
"I can get example projects that use the keyboard (like examples/nds/input/keyboard/keyboard_stdin) to work ok."

Also:
"I can get example projects that print to both screens (like examples/nds/Graphics/Printing/print_both_screens) to work ok."

What I'm trying to figure out is how to use the keyboard on the bottom screen and be able to print text to both the top screen and the top part of the bottom screen (that isn't covered by keyboard) or anything at all really as a way to be able to do both of these things in the one example project. (any mode or screen settings whatsoever)

Any and all assistance welcome !

elhobbs

Re: Help with example projects keyboard and both screens ?

Post by elhobbs » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:45 pm

no - libnds would have been better than devkitarm

you would need to create something custom to get that functionality. the libnds console code is not setup to handle that use case. it is not impossible, but it would probably be easier to create something custom. take a look at the source code and go from there - console.c

mtheall

Re: Help with example projects keyboard and both screens ?

Post by mtheall » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:56 pm