extdata_dump failing to compile

minecalftree

extdata_dump failing to compile

Post by minecalftree » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:37 am

Hi, this may be the wrong forum to post in.
I'm only trying to use devkitpro in order to compile extdata_dump so that I can change its config.txt so I can install a modified CFL_DB.dat. I have installed devkitpro as well as gnu make in order to do this. when running make in the folder containing everything I want to compile, it returns many errors that mostly mention how extdata_dump is doing things that don't match what devkitpro says. For instance, one error says

Code: Select all

C:/Users/OWNER/Downloads/extdatadump/extdata_dump-src/extdata_dump-master/source/archive.c:366:15: error: too many arguments to function 'FSUSER_OpenFile'
  366 |         ret = FSUSER_OpenFile(NULL, &filehandle, extdata_archive, FS_makePath(PATH_CHAR, path), 1, 0);
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/fs.h:315:8: note: declared here
  315 | Result FSUSER_OpenFile(Handle* out, FS_Archive archive, FS_Path path, u32 openFlags, u32 attributes);
      |        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is there some way to get something to just like go through all of these and fix them, or is there some way to use a devkitpro from when extdata_dump was made, or am I completely misunderstanding the situation?

Thanks for any help you can give.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: extdata_dump failing to compile

Post by WinterMute » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:23 pm

You've kind of got the wrong end of the stick here in multiple ways.
  • You don't need to recompile extdata_dump in order to change config.txt. You can just change config.txt and use the existing precompiled application.
  • devkitPro is an organisation who provide tools and libraries, it isn't something you use to compile anything.
For further clarification of that last point. The compiler provided by devkitPro which can be used to build code for 3DS (among several other Arm based consoles) is devkitARM. The error messages you're getting here come from the code and libctru - the library we provide for 3DS support. The code can be update for latest libctru which I've done here https://github.com/MrCheeze/extdata_dump/pull/7. Hopefully it gets merged
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

minecalftree

Re: extdata_dump failing to compile

Post by minecalftree » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:36 am

WinterMute wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:23 pm You've kind of got the wrong end of the stick here in multiple ways.
  • You don't need to recompile extdata_dump in order to change config.txt. You can just change config.txt and use the existing precompiled application.
  • devkitPro is an organisation who provide tools and libraries, it isn't something you use to compile anything.
For further clarification of that last point. The compiler provided by devkitPro which can be used to build code for 3DS (among several other Arm based consoles) is devkitARM. The error messages you're getting here come from the code and libctru - the library we provide for 3DS support. The code can be update for latest libctru which I've done here https://github.com/MrCheeze/extdata_dump/pull/7. Hopefully it gets merged
thanks for helping! what i didnt understand other than the technical stuff was that config.txt was supposed to be in the same folder as extdata_dump.3dsx on the 3ds.