Classic Controller Pro analog sticks not working

Plumbum

Classic Controller Pro analog sticks not working

Post by Plumbum » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Hey there,
I've found that the analog sticks of the official Classic Controller Pro are not working in my favourite emulators.
According to dborth from Snes9xGx this is a issue present in all Wii homebrew apps and therefore libogc's/devkitpro's fault.
The Classic Controller Pro is imported from Japan, works flawlessly in any Wii game and in homebrew apps every button and the d-pad is working, it's just the analog sticks which do not work.

I guess it's hard to add support for a controller if you don't own it yourself. So if there is any sort of information I could provide just ask. Also, as I've read recently the Classic Controller Pro will come to Europe (and the USA?) next month. So it will be more common among the Wii players then.

Sorry if this is not the right forum section, I just thought bug reports was most appropriate.

gr42178

Re: Classic Controller Pro analog sticks not working

Post by gr42178 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:03 pm

I recently bought one of these and have the same problem. Does anyone know if they are working on a fix for this? Plumbum, where did you read this was coming to the US? I could find no indication of that anywhere....

Plumbum

Post by Plumbum » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:41 pm

I checked my sources again and you're right. They only mention it's coming to Europe. By the way, it's already released in the UK. The rest of Europe will follow on the 20th this month.
I really hope a fix is in the works since the CCPro is a fine piece of controller.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:51 pm

As you say, it's difficult to support hardware we don't own. It's a bit difficult to do this sort of thing remotely so ideally donating a CCPro to one or more of the main devs is probably the best way to get it supported.

Making a small donation & encouraging others to donate would be a good thing to do :p http://www.devkitpro.org/support-devkitpro/
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog