support for the powerpc toolchain
robin1232

wii testing

Post by robin1232 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:54 pm

how do you test a wii game?

Slappy

Re: wii testing

Post by Slappy » Tue May 26, 2009 7:39 am

I am developing game on PC - Win and run it in Dolphin emulator http://www.dolphin-emu.com/news.php
Final testing is done on Wii console.

I suppose the best way is to use USBGecko http://www.usbgecko.com/ but I have no personal experience with it. [there is no vendor in our country, so I do not know how to get it.]

sorex

Post by sorex » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello,

I've installed DevKit & Dolphin but that "Hello, World" example simply results in a black screen on Dolphin?

Or is Dolphin only supporting graphical/GUI things?

Izhido

Post by Izhido » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Dolphin used to be a good testbed for Wii apps. Recently, however, it got some problems when sending input events (Wii remote, nunchuk, classic controller) to the apps; not sure if that's been solved.

In my opinion, Dolphin just started catering more to pirated game users than h/b developers. Of course, I would *love* to be proved wrong.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:43 am

Read the Dolphin docs. Normally Dolphin only renders graphics created using GX but there's a button to enable framebuffer rendering which is needed for the standard console output.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

sorex

Post by sorex » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:46 pm

well, don't get me wrong here...

I have a black Wii here and Dolphin is just to test things as I don't know what a crash of my program could cause/harm on the real Wii.

If it is really safe I could just send it over to the real Wii instead via WiFi.

cape

Post by cape » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:07 am

Izhido wrote:Dolphin used to be a good testbed for Wii apps. Recently, however, it got some problems when sending input events (Wii remote, nunchuk, classic controller) to the apps; not sure if that's been solved.

In my opinion, Dolphin just started catering more to pirated game users than h/b developers. Of course, I would *love* to be proved wrong.
Maybe you are right, but i think that pirates are guys that seal on boats and uses swords :D
for example, i want to use a wiimote with mi pc, and if i can play wiigames in my pc i will do it!!! I dont have a wii in this moment.
i don't want to become a ron addict, for that!

cheers