Porting (is there a way to make configure do the hard work)

bjorkmann

Porting (is there a way to make configure do the hard work)

Post by bjorkmann » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi there,

I'm attempting to port e-uae to run on the Wii. I've been playing around with stuff for a while, and I'm fairly comfortable with the coding aspects around libogc and devkitppc, the issue I have is that it's a real PAIN just trying to get a basic compilation of e-uae working without configure setting everything up.

Is there a set of params I can pass into configure that will actually make it choose the right architecture, limitations and build? I gave up after messing around with it for a night or two and started tearing into the code, ripping things out and shoving things in, but it was more medieval surgery than real precision work, and it, obviously, hasn't quite worked out...

I just need to get to the point where I can make it compile, then onto stage 2 - the actual work (which is probably going to be easier than stage 1).

Any pointers?

Cheers,
Andy

cuppm

Re: Porting (is there a way to make configure do the hard work)

Post by cuppm » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm rummaging through older posts here, but...

Try using

Code: Select all

./configure --host=ppc
That's how the FreeType library is done. You'll need to make sure your devkitPro environmental variables are set (ie CC=powerpc-gekko-gcc). Easy way to do that is to add a .bashrc file to your MSYS user home directory that exports the variables.