X,Y buttons and Touch Screen Unresponsive in New devkitARM

support for the ARM toolchain
ambient_enigma

X,Y buttons and Touch Screen Unresponsive in New devkitARM

Post by ambient_enigma » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:48 pm

I just finished updating my code to work with the newest devkitARM + libnds, but now when I run my game the X and Y Buttons and Touch Screen are unresponsive. Everything else works the way it used to.
I'm testing on an R4 and MMD_CF. Please Help.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: X,Y buttons and Touch Screen Unresponsive in New devkitARM

Post by WinterMute » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Please don't capitalise randomly. Your post has been edited with the correct terminology.

• devkitPro is a vendor, not a toolchain, we provide tools for ARM, PPC and PSP.
  • devkitARM is a generic ARM cross compiler, the DS is just one of many targets it supports.
  • the correct capitalisation is as follows, devkitPro, devkitARM, devkitPPC & devkitPSP.
It's difficult to say what your problem might be without seeing some code. However the following hints may help somewhat.
  • If you're currently using a custom ARM7 binary then you'll probably be better off moving to a standard arm9 only template.
  • Check through the examples for how input is read there.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

ambient_enigma

Post by ambient_enigma » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've looked at the new examples and also Jaeden Amero's updated "Introduction to Nintendo DS Programming", but I can't see what I am doing wrong. My input and sprite code is based on Jaeden Amero's code, and my background code is based on a drunkencoders example for loading bitmaps. I updated my code and makefile using Jaeden Amero's
examples. I have noticed something new though. When my game starts up I display a splash screen and prompt you to either touch the screen or press start, and then it takes you to a second splash screen. Now, when my game starts it registers a screen touch and goes to the second splash screen, but the touch screen become unresponsive after that. (update) I just found out that if I ask for an X or Y button press at my first splash screen it immediately registers an X or Y press and goes to the second splash screen, and then X and Y don't work after that. So basically after the first call to scanKeys(), my first call to keysDown() returns an X, Y, and touch screen press at the same time.

ambient_enigma

Post by ambient_enigma » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 pm

I solved my problem. When I removed the following lines that were in my
old code the problem went away:
irqInit();
irqEnable(IRQ_VBLANK);

Thank you. I didn't notice that had changed.