buildscripts-20081212 problems

josergc

buildscripts-20081212 problems

Post by josergc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:40 pm

hi everybody,

I got a problem executing the buildscripts-20081212 on a GNU/Linux system:

1: build devkitARM (gba gp32 ds)
2: Download the packages for me (requires curl or wget)
Downloads the files and starts to extract them:

use /usr/bin/make as make
use /usr/bin/gawk as gawk

Ready to install devkitARM in /home/user/nds/devkitARM

press return to continue

Extracting binutils-2.19.tar.bz2
Extracting gcc-core-4.3.2.tar.bz2
Extracting gcc-g++-4.3.2.tar.bz2
Extracting newlib-1.16.0.tar.gz
Extracting gdb-6.8.tar.bz2
Extracting libnds-src-1.3.1.tar.bz2
Extracting libgba-src-20081210.tar.bz2
Extracting libfat-src-1.0.2.tar.bz2
Extracting dswifi-src-0.3.5.tar.bz2
Extracting libmirko-src-0.9.7.tar.bz2
Extracting default_arm7-src-20081210.tar.bz2
Extracting maxmod-src-1.0.1.tar.bz2
mkdir: falta un operando ----> That means ----> an operate is missing
Pruebe `mkdir --help' para más información. ---> That means ---> Try `mkdir --help' for more information
tar: la opción requiere un argumento -- C ----> That means ----> tar: the option requires an argument -- C
Intente`tar --help' o `tar --usage' para mayor información. ---> That means ---> Try `tar --help' or `tar --usage' for more information
Error extracting maxmod-src-1.0.1.tar.bz2

It looks like the variable $MAXMOD_SRCDIR is missing. I have added the line
MAXMOD_SRCDIR="maxmod-$MAXMOD_VER"
after the line number 373.

It looks like it works now (it is compiling everything that it has downloaded), I still need to compile the examples.

Best regards,

josergc

Re: buildscripts-20081212 problems

Post by josergc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Finally it didn't work:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../binutils-2.19/gas -I. -I. -I../../../binutils-2.19/gas -I../bfd -I../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config -I../../../binutils-2.19/gas/../include -I../../../binutils-2.19/gas/.. -I../../../binutils-2.19/gas/../bfd -DLOCALEDIR="\"/home/jose/nds/devkitARM/devkitARM/share/locale\"" -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Werror -O2 -pipe -c ../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c: En la función ‘s_arm_unwind_save_mmxwr’: ---> That means ----> In the function ‘s_arm_unwind_save_mmxwr’:
../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c:3459: error: el formato no es una cadena literal y no tiene argumentos de formato ----> That means ---> the format is not a literal string and doesn't have argument in the format
../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c:3473: error: el formato no es una cadena literal y no tiene argumentos de formato ----> That means ---> the format is not a literal string and doesn't have argument in the format
../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c: En la función ‘s_arm_unwind_save_mmxwcg’: ---> That means ----> In the function ‘s_arm_unwind_save_mmxwcg’
../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c:3591: error: el formato no es una cadena literal y no tiene argumentos de formato ----> That means ---> the format is not a literal string and doesn't have argument in the format
../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c:3606: error: el formato no es una cadena literal y no tiene argumentos de formato ----> That means ---> the format is not a literal string and doesn't have argument in the format
../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c: En la función ‘s_arm_unwind_movsp’: ---> That means ----> In the function ‘s_arm_unwind_movsp’
../../../binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c:3712: error: el formato no es una cadena literal y no tiene argumentos de formato ----> That means ---> the format is not a literal string and doesn't have argument in the format
make[4]: *** [tc-arm.o] Error 1
make[4]: se sale del directorio `/home/jose/nds/buildscripts/arm-eabi/binutils/gas'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: se sale del directorio `/home/jose/nds/buildscripts/arm-eabi/binutils/gas'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: se sale del directorio `/home/jose/nds/buildscripts/arm-eabi/binutils/gas'
make[1]: *** [all-gas] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/jose/nds/buildscripts/arm-eabi/binutils'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Error building binutils

What can still be missing?

Greetings,

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:46 am

No idea, sorry. Possibly something odd with your setup.

Unfortunately it's hugely difficult to debug buildscript failures blind. It's likely that some of your dev tools aren't new enough versions to compile the components.

Do the binaries work? http://wiki.devkitpro.org/index.php/Get ... /devkitARM
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

josergc

Post by josergc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:54 pm

hi WinterMute,

I have installed the SDK following the instructions using these files:

devkitARM_r24-i686-linux.tar.bz2
libnds-1.3.1.tar.bz2
libfat-nds-1.0.3.tar.bz2
dswifi-0.3.6.tar.bz2
maxmod-nds-1.0.2.tar.bz2
default_arm7-20081210.tar.bz2
nds-examples-20081210.tar.bz2

and I have modified that web page with the instructions because the part of setting up the environment variables was missing:

Add these variables in your execution environment, for instance, editing the .bashrc file located in your home folder:

export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitPro
export DEVKITARM=$DEVKITPRO/devkitARM
export PATH=$PATH:$DEVKITARM/bin

It works now!! :-)

Thanks a lot for your help!!! :lol:

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:41 am

The PATH setting isn't actually necessary, the template makefiles are designed to work from the other variables and avoid potential conflicts by having several cross compilers in the path at the same time.

Thanks for adding the variables on the wiki though.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog