Where do we find a list of all function in the libogc?

lacquermaster

Where do we find a list of all function in the libogc?

Post by lacquermaster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm porting into c++ from visual basic and have the concept down pretty good, but but every time I hear of a DLL, most distributors don't hand you a list of functions to use with their DLL's. This is kinda confusing at the moment. COuld someone please elaborate on how to read a library to get all of its functions? I imagine someone's made a complete function/usage list to make it easier on us. Even though I use VB alot, I haven't really gotten into DLL or including libraries into my programs. I have been creating machine code directly from my Vb apps though and have just made a gamecube compiler/decompiler reading machine code converting it all back to assembly as the original programmers wrote their files.

Your help with figuring out where to get a list of all functions for each library/DLL for libogc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I'm planning to port a mini OS with media players and a web browser to the Gcube. Thanks for your help.

Izhido

Re: Where do we find a list of all function in the libogc?

Post by Izhido » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Count me in as another confused guy. I must confess I did not understand a word of what you just said.

Care to clarify things a little? What are you trying to accomplish?

Rexhunter99

Re: Where do we find a list of all function in the libogc?

Post by Rexhunter99 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:53 am

lacquermaster wrote:I'm porting into c++ from visual basic and have the concept down pretty good, but but every time I hear of a DLL, most distributors don't hand you a list of functions to use with their DLL's. This is kinda confusing at the moment. COuld someone please elaborate on how to read a library to get all of its functions? I imagine someone's made a complete function/usage list to make it easier on us. Even though I use VB alot, I haven't really gotten into DLL or including libraries into my programs. I have been creating machine code directly from my Vb apps though and have just made a gamecube compiler/decompiler reading machine code converting it all back to assembly as the original programmers wrote their files.

Your help with figuring out where to get a list of all functions for each library/DLL for libogc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I'm planning to port a mini OS with media players and a web browser to the Gcube. Thanks for your help.
libogc or any other devkitPro library, are not DLL's. A DLL is a Dynamic Link Library which only Windows Machines can use (but Unix and Mac have their own variants of this dynamic library, I am pretty sure.)
What libogc is, is a static library that allows C/C++ users to access the hardware functionality of the GameCube/Wii consoles. Much like Windows.h does for C++ applications that make Win32/Win64 applications.

For a documented listing of all the functions in OGC's library (not sure if it's totally up to date or not) go here:
http://libogc.devkitpro.org/

@Everyone else:
While the OP's post was a little confusing, the base question was in there for those who read hard enough. He wanted the documentation on the GameCube library, his use of Library/DLL was very liberal and that is why you got confused.

Just sayin'.
Move over Mario... and cruise by Crash... Croc Rocks!
It's a serious adventure 3D platformer for all retro gamers to drool over =D