Hello, and sorry

Add your suggestions for toolchain improvements here.
Danno

Hello, and sorry

Post by Danno » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:09 am

Hi, I'm new here... I wasn't sure where I could post this, so I just ended up choosing this section; sorry.

I was just vaguely reading about coding your own DS games, and it got me a bit excited. I've created Flash games before and I'm familiar with some other general coding stuff. I read something about C/C++ for coding DS games; I've never coded in that language, but I wanna give it a shot.
I've ordered some DS card thing that would allow homebrew stuff, and I'm still waiting on it for now.

Anyhow, I was wondering about what programs I'd need and where I should start. Creating my own Flash games was a wonderful experience, but I used to dream about creating my own games for consoles... I'm usually a lazy guy, but I feel eager to start working on this stuff. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

And uh... a suggestion... Perhaps make a section for stupid newbies like me?

Edit: Never mind. In case any random readers were wondering, I got my TTDS, which was cheap and works great. I've downloaded devkitPro and I'm reading the following DS homebrew tutorial for now: http://www.dev-scene.com/NDS I'm about to start learning C++ so I have a better idea of what's going on and how I can make my own stuff.