Building in eclipse

support for the ARM toolchain
donaldquixote

Building in eclipse

Post by donaldquixote » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:57 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to DS programming, and to Eclipse. I'm using a makefile from Patater's manual and demos (http://patater.com/manual) so I can work with GRIT.

The problem I'm having is that while I can build fine calling make from the cmd line, I can't actually build through Eclipse.

At first, I was getting this error:

make[2]: /c/Projects/448_Project/build/Makefile: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/c/Projects/448_Project/build/Makefile'. Stop.

Just for the hell of it, and since I'm pretty clueless with makefiles, I copied Makefile from my project root into /build. (and I left the one in root as well). Now I'm getting:

c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/../../../../arm-eabi/lib/thumb/ds_arm9_crt0.o: In function `CIDLoop':
(.init+0x2b8): undefined reference to `main'

when it tries to link the .elf. Also, Patater's makefile has a particular piece:

$(BUILD):
@[ -d $@ ] || mkdir -p $@
@make BUILDDIR=`cd $(BUILD) && pwd` --no-print-directory -C $(BUILD) -f $(CURDIR)/Makefile

that seems to be involved. But I have no real idea what is going on. And finally, I had read in a couple places that this last error (involving CIDLoop) is usually caused by having this piece:

TARGET := WoDang
BUILD := build
SOURCES := source
DATA := data
INCLUDES := include
GRAPHICS := gfx

configured incorrectly in the makefile. I've tried changing the makefile in /build to show the correct paths (e.g. SOURCES := ../source) but I still get the same error.

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? I've been looking up and down for the answer, and unfortunately I'm just not experienced enough to know where to begin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.