Umm... Where's the documentation set?

support for the powerpc toolchain
d4n13

Umm... Where's the documentation set?

Post by d4n13 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:01 am

I'm ok at reading C, and can probably brute force through what most of the devkitPPC API's do, but isn't there a formal documentation set somewhere? If it's a "contributers only" deal I don't mind throwing some money to the cause.

What I've found is:
devkitPro/doc/pspsdk/doc/html/index.html (for the PSP)
http://wiki.devkitpro.org/index.php/Main_Page (devkitPro Wiki).

Neither have much meat as far as documentation goes. I like the PSP doc set and was interested in anything comparable for the PPC.

Anyway, I'm sure I missed something somewhere along the way

thx.

vuurrobin

Re: Umm... Where's the documentation set?

Post by vuurrobin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:23 pm

d4n13

Post by d4n13 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 am

Awesome. Looks like those are the docs for libogc rev 1.7.1.

What I'm looking for is the libogc doc set for rev 1.8.1.

http://libogc.devkitpro.org/ does document some headers, but is missing the following files:

asndlib.h, debug.h, gcmodplay.h, gcutil.h, iso9660.h, mad.h, mp3player.h, network.h, ogcsys.h, samplerate.h, smb.h, zconf.h, zlib.h, bte/bd_addr.h, bte/bte.h, di/di.h, modplay/defines.h, modplay/freqtab.h, modplay/mixer.h, modplay/modplay.h, modplay/semitonetab.h, ogc/arqmgr.h, ogc/arqueue.h, ogc/cast.h, ogc/color.h, ogc/conf.h, ogc/consol.h, ogc/context.h, ogc/disc_io.h, ogc/es.h, ogc/gu.h, ogc/ios.h, ogc/ipc.h, ogc/isfs.h, ogc/libversion.h, ogc/lwp_config.h, ogc/lwp_heap.h, ogc/lwp_messages.h, ogc/lwp_mutex.h, ogc/lwp_objmgr.h, ogc/lwp_priority.h, ogc/lwp_queue.h, ogc/lwp_sema.h, ogc/lwp_stack.h, ogc/lwp_states.h, ogc/lwp_.h, eadq.h, ogc/lwp_.h, eads.h, ogc/lwp_tqdata.h, ogc/lwp_watchdog.h, ogc/lwp_wkspace.h, ogc/message.h, ogc/pad.h, ogc/si.h, ogc/stm.h, ogc/sys_state.h, ogc/texconv.h, ogc/tpl.h, ogc/usb.h, ogc/usbgecko.h, ogc/usbmouse.h, ogc/usbstorage.h, ogc/wiilaunch.h, ogc/machine/asm.h, ogc/machine/processor.h, ogc/machine/spinlock.h, sdcard/card_buf.h, sdcard/card_cmn.h, sdcard/card_io.h, sdcard/gcsd.h, sdcard/wiisd_io.h, wiikeyboard/keyboard.h, wiikeyboard/usbkeyboard.h, wiikeyboard/wsksymdef.h, wiiuse/wiiuse.h, wiiuse/wpad.h and of course fat.h from the lib-fat library.

Any clue where the missing portions of documentation may be?

thx

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:08 am

Not written yet, sorry it's all still a bit of a work in progress. Lack of time and manpower doesn't help much.

all you really need to know about fat.h is fatInitDefault() - the rest is all standard IO.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

d4n13

Post by d4n13 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 pm

WinterMute wrote:Not written yet, sorry it's all still a bit of a work in progress. Lack of time and manpower doesn't help much.

all you really need to know about fat.h is fatInitDefault() - the rest is all standard IO.
No worries. I've got my head in the game and it's starting to fall into place. Thanks for the great DDK.