ENUM for VRAM_F and VRAM_G texture palettes

Add your suggestions for toolchain improvements here.
Discostew

ENUM for VRAM_F and VRAM_G texture palettes

Post by Discostew » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Looking over the video.h file, I noticed that for VRAM_F and VRAM_G, the only enumerations for texture palettes is

VRAM_F_TEX_PALETTE = 3
VRAM_G_TEX_PALETTE = 3

From what I see, this only allows the banks to be set to Slot0. When looking over the specifications, those vram bank set for texture palettes can also be set for Slot1, Slot4, and Slot5. Any chance this might be added in a future release, because I've got a project coming that will use those. (Currently have the video.h file edited that includes those enumerations)

vuurrobin

Re: ENUM for VRAM_F and VRAM_G texture palettes

Post by vuurrobin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 pm

you are right, according to gbatek.

I'm editing video.h anyway to add doxygen comments, so I have added the following to the enums:

Code: Select all

VRAM_G_TEX_PALETTE_SLOT0		= 3 | VRAM_OFFSET(0),	//!< maps vram g to 3d texture palette slot 0.
	VRAM_G_TEX_PALETTE_SLOT1		= 3 | VRAM_OFFSET(1),	//!< maps vram g to 3d texture palette slot 1.
	VRAM_G_TEX_PALETTE_SLOT4		= 3 | VRAM_OFFSET(2),	//!< maps vram g to 3d texture palette slot 4.
	VRAM_G_TEX_PALETTE_SLOT5		= 3 | VRAM_OFFSET(3),	//!< maps vram g to 3d texture palette slot 5.

VRAM_F_TEX_PALETTE_SLOT0		= 3 | VRAM_OFFSET(0),	//!< maps vram f to 3d texture palette slot 0.
	VRAM_F_TEX_PALETTE_SLOT1		= 3 | VRAM_OFFSET(1),	//!< maps vram f to 3d texture palette slot 1.
	VRAM_F_TEX_PALETTE_SLOT4		= 3 | VRAM_OFFSET(2),	//!< maps vram f to 3d texture palette slot 4.
	VRAM_F_TEX_PALETTE_SLOT5		= 3 | VRAM_OFFSET(3),	//!< maps vram f to 3d texture palette slot 5.

I'll add it to the sourceforge patch tracker in a few days, hopefully.