Graphical Engine (DarkGDK) on devkitPPC

support for the powerpc toolchain
Ghost6765

Graphical Engine (DarkGDK) on devkitPPC

Post by Ghost6765 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:45 pm

I just managed to set up my devkitPPC environment with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and since Dark GDK can be used on MSVC++ I would like to know if it is possible to use it for compiling Nintendo Wii apps.I'm not sure if you can use dark GDK on a Makefile Project but if anybody knows please reply.I will try this myself as soon as I get darkGDK on my pc but even though i have done it before i seem to be unable to.I really don't want to use GX for this cos i have spent most of my time learning dark gdk.

thanks,

Ghost6765

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Graphical Engine (DarkGDK) on devkitPPC

Post by WinterMute » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:06 am

Sorry, no.

From the darkGDK system requirements page at http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_ ... age=system
Mac OS9 / OSX and Linux Based Machines

We are sorry but the Dark GDK was developed exclusively for Microsoft Windows based PCs and will not run on any variety of native Apple hardware or on Linux. You may have some success using Dark GDK under Bootcamp on Intel based Macs, but this is entirely unsupported and done at your own risk.

Playstation, PS2, PS3, X-Box, X-Box 360, GameCube, Wii

Your Dark GDK programs will not work on any of the above consoles and they cannot be converted to do so.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

Ghost6765

Re: Graphical Engine (DarkGDK) on devkitPPC

Post by Ghost6765 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 am

Is there any other graphics language that I can use or does it have to be GX?

Thanks for The Reply,

Ghost6765