Gcube Emulator Help!?

support for the powerpc toolchain
Ghost6765

Gcube Emulator Help!?

Post by Ghost6765 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:07 pm

How do I use the Gcube Emulator to run my wii apps??

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Gcube Emulator Help!?

Post by WinterMute » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:48 pm

You don't, it only emulates gamecube code. Look for the Dolphin emulator but you'll need a fairly high spec PC to run it.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

Ghost6765

Post by Ghost6765 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 pm

I keep getting errors when I try and use Dolphin.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 pm

You'll need to give us some more details of the errors, it's really quite difficult to offer any kind of help without knowing what you're trying to run, how you're trying to run it, what you expect to happen and what actually does happen.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

Ghost6765

Post by Ghost6765 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 pm

I don't get errors but whenever I try to load it it loads successfully but just goes to a black screen and I have to close it.

Ghost6765

Post by Ghost6765 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:55 pm

whenever I try to run lesson1.dol examples with the Direct3D9 Plugin but it just shows up with a black screen and some yellow writing and I have to close it?

what should I do.

Izhido

Post by Izhido » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:56 pm

There is a setting you need to enable in the video plugin(s) of Dolphin to enable direct access to video memory (XFB, or something similar). Don't recall right now how was it called, but there it is. That should get rid of the screen problem.

BUT...

Dolphin still has, as of the latest version, a serious bug with the Wiimote buttons, and as a result it's virtually impossible to test homebrew apps with it. Until that's fixed, I cannot recommend using Dolphin for anything. And that means we're basically out of decent Wii emulators to test applications. All that remains is to test your apps directly on hardware.

Ghost6765

Post by Ghost6765 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I can only find the XFB thing in the OpenGL Plugin and I Can Only Use The Direct3D9 Plugin.

HELP?

StevenH

Post by StevenH » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:58 am

It's been a while since I've done any major Windows Games Dev with DirectX, but IIRC DirectX 9 does not give the games dev direct access to the video memory, only Open GL does.

IMy memory may be a little out as I stuck with DirectX 7 as that was the last time I can remember having the ability to access the video ram directly, DirectX 8 onwards dropped DirectDraw and everything went 3D which means that any direct video buffers had to be done in a round about way, something akin to allocating a windows Device Contect for the screen, coping that into a HBITMAP structure and then using some DirectX functions to put that image into the texture memory, which IIRC is a slow process (in game time).

Eke

Post by Eke » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Regarding dol support in gcube with applications compiled in gamecube mode, has anyone tried it recently ?

I can't get anything to work anymore (it used to, some time ago), now I just got a black screen.
I have trouble running Dolphin as well and just want to take a few screenshots from my app

Any idea what could prevent gcube from working with devkitPPC-compiled dols ?
I try to removed any stuff dealing with libfat but it still hangs on black screen...