Recompiling Quake2DS to work with DSi

support for the ARM toolchain
OniLink2323

Recompiling Quake2DS to work with DSi

Post by OniLink2323 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:21 pm

I am trying to recompile this using the original source code, but keep gettings errors.
Can anyone help me in recompiling this?

Code: Select all

$ make
echo compiling ds_main.c to ds_main.o
compiling ds_main.c to ds_main.o
/c/devkitpro/devkitARM/bin/arm-eabi-g++ -Dstricmp=strcasecmp -I "/c/devkitPro/li
bnds/include" -I "/c/devkitPro/libnds/include/nds" -DARM9 -mthumb-interwork -Os
-g -mtune=arm9 -march=armv5te  -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -c ds_main.c -o ds_main
.o
ds_main.c:7:27: fatal error: user_debugger.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [ds_main.o] Error 1
I keep getting this error when making the file...

elhobbs

Re: Recompiling Quake2DS to work with DSi

Post by elhobbs » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 pm

I think this is something custom that simonjhall used for debugging - just remove the reference. that is going to be the simple part. this code is pre-fifo in libnds so there is a ton of custom code for IPC which will need to be re-written.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm

From a quick look I see that it makes extensive use of GBA slot RAM so that's another major job to sort out ...
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

elhobbs

Post by elhobbs » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:30 am

I created a svn on google code with a modified source that compiles with the current devkitarm and libnds and runs on the dsi - at least on my cyclods ievo. there is no sound and the on screen keyboard does not work at this point.

I checked with simon and he was ok with me creating a svn. he just did not want me to say or imply that he was involved with this updated version in any capacity.

http://code.google.com/p/quake2dsi/ there is nothing in the downloads section, but you can get the source and build it. the setup is the same as the original port.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:51 am

I submitted a couple of issues on the issue tracker, one about generated files & a patch for the makefile to stop generating unneeded binaries. The keyboard stuff is missing from the repository so I can't get it linking yet.

Personal Blog

elhobbs

Post by elhobbs » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:21 pm

I applied your patch and added the missing keyboard files. I think the keyboard code may be a precursor to the code that is currently in libnds. it currently does not display, so it still needs to be fixed.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Just added another patch, I have it up and running on DSi now which is kind of cool. I've never actually seen this thing running before.

How do you get the keyboard displayed? It looks like there may be some issue with BG priority atm - if I press the A button (using Simon's config file) something is displayed on the lower screen but it looks like it's being covered by something black.

Personal Blog

elhobbs

Post by elhobbs » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:59 pm

I have not gotten the keyboard working yet. I was going to take a look at ditching the current implementation and using the libnds version. no sound either. I had a hard enough time getting it running. I am not sure if all of the levels even load at this point. going from slot 2 ram to dsi is 4 MB less memory - so it took a little bit of effort. the keyboard was next on my list so that I could try to load some of the larger levels.

OniLink2323

Post by OniLink2323 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Looks like you guys are making great progress! I am really excited!
Keep up the awesome work! :D