Missing libgmp on 64bit Ubuntu

support for the ARM toolchain
Dominik

Missing libgmp on 64bit Ubuntu

Post by Dominik » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Edit: I finally got it to work. Here's how I did it:
1.) Got to http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and download the libgmp3c2 package (not the -dev package, only the library will do I think).
2.) Unpack it using the command ar -x libgmp3c2_4.2.2+dfsg-1ubuntu2_i386.deb
3.) You'll get a data.tar.gz file. Unpack it and copy the contents of usr/lib/ to your directory /usr/lib32

That's all I think.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and had some problems upgrading to devkitARM 22. On my 32bit laptop could resolve them by installing the libgmp3-dev package. But on my AMD64 desktop PC (running Ubuntu 8.04 64bit) it's not so easy.
I still get this error even though the development package of libgmp is installed. I assume it's because the installed package is the 64bit version.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/devkitPro/devkitARM/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/cc1plus: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
When I set the environment variables manually to point to the library I get the following error:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/devkitPro/devkitARM/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-eabi/4.3.0/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
What I also tried was downloading the 32bit package and putting the libraries in my /usr/lib32/ directory. But that doesn't solve it either, even when LD_LIBRARY_PATH links there.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Erebus

Re: Missing libgmp on 64bit Ubuntu

Post by Erebus » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:21 am

Will this work for Gentoo?

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:19 am

devkitARM r23 has been built with static libgmp & libmpfr so hopefully this won't be an issue in the future.

Thanks to DesktopMan for the use of a machine there is now also an x86_64 binary, if someone could test that it would be much appreciated.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=595393
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

Dominik

Post by Dominik » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:03 pm

WinterMute wrote:Thanks to DesktopMan for the use of a machine there is now also an x86_64 binary, if someone could test that it would be much appreciated.
Seems to run fine on my Ubuntu AMD64 box, even without libgmp installed. Thanks, everything's great now. :)