Code won't finish compiling to final .gba file

papasmurf1230

Code won't finish compiling to final .gba file

Post by papasmurf1230 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:51 pm

I am very new to this so I've done multiple tutorials with no issues and was able to compile and run every tutorial. I started to make my own GBA game and was going to run it to see if I was on the right track and cannot get devkitARM to finish the process to make the final .gba file to run on an emulator.

Here is the error I am getting:
C:/devkitPro/devkitARM/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgba: No such file or directory
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [C:\devkitPro\devkitARM/gba_rules:34: /home/jcdyer01/Games/test2/test2_mb.elf] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:112: build] Error 2

I have deleted all of the files that were downloaded with devkitpro 3.0.3 and reinstalled everything and still have the same error. I have not editted the Makefile at all. Any help would be appreciated!

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Code won't finish compiling to final .gba file

Post by WinterMute » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:50 pm

Is libgba installed? It shouid, in your case, be in C:\devkitPro\libgba

Do the examples compile?

It's probably easier to help if we can see the complete build log. If you open your msys2 bash shell (Start->devkitPro->MSys2) then navigate to your project directory. Once there type make V=1 2>&1 | tee build.log & either paste that here in code tags or attach the file. It would also be useful to see the output of env. Use env > env.txt to get that & eithet paste or attach.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

papasmurf1230

Post by papasmurf1230 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:30 pm

I can confirm that the "libgba" folder is where it is suppose to be at C:\devkitpro\libgba.I tried to recompile the example in devkitpro and it will now give me the same error. I have been able to do it in the past so I didn't think to go back and check if that one still worked before making the original post. Attached is the env.txt and build.log.

Thank you so much for your help!
Attachments
build.log
(420 Bytes) Downloaded 67 times
env.txt
(2.91 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:01 am

The attached build log shows the project building a .gba file as expected, there's no error. The files you've attached show no issues. What's the problem?
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

papasmurf1230

Post by papasmurf1230 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:51 pm

It gives me this error (I am attaching a screenclip of the error), creates a "build" folder in the directory, but doesn't actually create a .gba or .elf like it was doing originally. It doesn't give the "ROM fixed" output that it was doing originally and not sure why. It does the same thing with the same error with the gba example template that is in devkitpro.

If the build.log shows it's working could it be putting the .gba and .elf in a different directory for some reason and I just can't tell where it's at?

Just trying to figure out what changed between when I originally did the tutorials and it worked, and now and don't have any ideas.
Attachments
directory.JPG
(83.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
code error.JPG
(97.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet