gp32 makesmc

Posts that don't fit in the other forums
OzzyOuzo

gp32 makesmc

Post by OzzyOuzo » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:56 am

Hello,
It seems that this little tool (makesmc) is hard to find on the internet these days.
is there any equivalent using devkitpro tools to generate a smc image to ease development through geepee32 emulator ?
thx

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: gp32 makesmc

Post by WinterMute » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:05 pm

The binaries appear to be available via archive.org at https://web.archive.org/web/20190319095 ... /index.htm

Looks like the emulators have all moved to https://www.schuerewegen.tk/ but I don't see any sign of makesmc there. Without source or a spec for the file format there's very little we can do about providing a tool to do this.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

OzzyOuzo

Post by OzzyOuzo » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:49 pm

Thx for the links, there is one issue with geepee32 emu though as it hangs on FXE's compiled with devkitARM :-/
i guess this is ok on real hw but i'm not able to test.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:14 pm

I'll dig out my gp32 and see if it still works. Not sure if I can still remember how to put things on there, it's been a while :P

It isn't inconceivable that there's an issue with the current release binaries & the latest toolchain though.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

merlin

Post by merlin » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:46 am

I have been looking for a way to generate a smc image using devkitpro tools as well, but I have not found any reliable solution. The makesmc tool was very useful for creating smc files for geepee32 emulator, but it seems that it is no longer available online. I have tried some alternatives, such as this script that uses an AHK file to run geepee32 with the /smc option, but it did not work for me. I wonder if there is any official support from devkitpro for smc files, or if they have any plans to add it in the future. It would be very helpful for GP32 developers and enthusiasts. If anyone knows how to do it, please share your method